Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Happy, Happy

The other day saw me doing a little happy dance. At the library, I found the first two volumes of a mystery series by Cara Black that I've wanted to start reading for a long time. It is set in Paris and is about a computer forensics expert named Aimee Leduc. I've already begun the first novel, Murder in the Marais, which starts out with a search for an encrypted photo and the murder of an old woman. Aimee finds herself investigating neo-nazis and secrets going back fifty years to WWII. (The book begins in 1993.) So far I'm enjoying it very much. Yeah libraries!

My stitching has been a little slow. I'm working on a correspondence course from the EGA, and I have a lifetime's worth of other projects to get started. Sometimes reading takes over from stitching and sometimes it's the reverse.

2 comments:

  1. Good morning,
    That is the case with me right now,,I am doing alot of reading and not so much stitching...just not enough hours in the day...sounds like a great series...
    Devon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm enjoying it so far.

    ReplyDelete