Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Blast from the Past


Sylvester was the first novel by Georgette Heyer that I ever read. It took me a long time to get interested in Heyer's work even though I had grown up around her novels. My mother collected them, read them and reread them until they fell apart. When I finally did start reading them, I enjoyed them. This year, Sylvester was released on audiobook and read by a fantastic actor, Richard Armitage, who is celebrating his birthday today. Unfortunately, the audiobook is abridged, but it is nonetheless well worth listening to. A new copy of Sylvester has also found its way onto my TBR pile.

Also on this day, twenty three years ago, a certain young woman found herself becoming engaged to a handsome young man while they were waiting for a light to change on a street corner. They had just eaten dinner at a Chinese restaurant long since closed. They married soon afterwards, and the rest, as they say, is history.

No comments:

Post a Comment