Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Seen any UFOs lately?

Last January, my EGA chapter started a UFO challenge for this year. Members submit a list of projects they want to finish by next March, and for every project finished, they get an opportunity to win a year's membership. In a moment of insanity - oops, I mean inspiration - I submitted a list of five projects which I have listed on the sidebar of this blog, not including the "Roses" blackwork class we started in February. These are fairly large projects, with a lot of work still left on each. I had set up a schedule of getting one done every two months, but of course, I'm already behind on that. If I get one done, I'll be happy! My strategy now is to work on each as they grab my fancy, a sort of rotation without a plan.

Of course, with these large projects in mind, last month I decided that I *really* needed to do a small one. I was inspired by someone at the April EGA meeting working on a class project from the EGA's Metropolitan Regional seminar. The class she took was by Barbara Rakosnik of Periwinkle Promises. In my stash was a Periwinkle Promises kit called "A Teal Touch of Holbein." At only 2 1/2" by 4" it stitched up quickly, almost too quickly. It was fun to do, and I loved the silk threads.



"A Touch of Teal" - Barbara Rakosnik, Periwinkle Promises - copyright 1996

No comments:

Post a Comment