Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

TUSAL 2012

Something new for me to do in 2012.

Sharon of It's Daffycat is doing another "Totally Useless Stitch-a-Long" in 2012 and she has graciously added me to her list of participants. The rules are easy to follow, and you get to work on any project you want. All you're asked to do is save your orts (those annoying little ends you cut off your threads) in a jar or glass, take a picture every month and post it on your blog at the new moon.

Easy, right? We'll see how well I keep up. If I post faithfully every month, maybe I'll treat myself to a little prize at the end of the year. And if it gets me posting and stitching more regularly, well, that'll be the real prize I give myself!

As for my eye, recovery is going well and I can do some stitching, although I'm reading more than stitching. George R.R. Martin's series, A Song of Ice and Fire, is just riveting. All five books are hard to put down. The plot is too complicated to summarize easily, but basically the kingdom of Westeros is undergoing a civil war, and there are all kinds of scheming and skullduggery going on everywhere. Plus, there is a lost queen hoping to regain the Iron Throne of Westeros. And there are all kinds of scary things - dragons, giant wolves, and zombie-like creatures in the far north. Great reading!

Well, gotta go pick out a container for my orts!

No comments:

Post a Comment