Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Jabberwocky

I try to believe in as many as six impossible things before breakfast.  
Count them, Alice.  One, there are drinks that make you shrink.  
Two, there are foods that make you grow.  Three, animals can talk.  
Four, cats can disappear.  Five, there is a place called Underworld.  
Six, I can slay the Jabberwocky.

I procrastinate.  I procrastinate too many things, even things I enjoy doing, like stitching and writing.  Sometimes it’s not much of a problem, but other times it snowballs into a huge problem well insulated with layers of guilt and blame that just lead to more procrastinating.  My jabberwocky is procrastination.

Lately I’ve been thinking about the six impossible things before breakfast.  I like to get up early, feed the cats, and make myself a cup of coffee before showering and getting dressed.  While the coffee perculates, I have a little time to kill.  So I’ve been thinking, why not do something impossible before breakfast?  One of those things I procrastinate, like checking email or making a to-do list.  Or even something bigger, like getting in a few stitches on a UFO or doing some yoga stretches.  Slay the jabberwocky first thing in the morning, and who knows where the rest of the day will lead you?

No comments:

Post a Comment