Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Books and Samplers - The Sampler

Thought I'd share an update of what I call my "blog sampler." The fabric is a little wonky; the weave isn't straight, so it looks like I'm stitching on an angle. But I love the color and I think it will look all right when I get it framed eventually. I'm also working on another little project, but I'll post a picture of that another time.

The other day I finished a really great vampire story, Carmilla by J. Sheridan Lefanu. It was creepy and scary. According to wikipedia, it influenced Bram Stoker in writing Dracula. That's another classic I've never read, but right now I've started The Phantom of the Opera (in English translation) and I'm still working on my annotated Pride and Prejudice. Sometimes the notes interfere with the flow of the story, but I have learned some interesting things from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment