Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

I must've hit the snooze button...

...because I feel like I've done a "Rip Van Winkle!"

Oh well, life comes at you and sometimes the diary or blog has to wait. But that's what's great about a diary/blog. It waits patiently until you're ready to come back.

Let's see, DH and I celebrated our 23rd anniversary in November. He finally finished reading Emma, which I think he enjoyed, although maybe not as much as I have. I read a very long historical romance called To Dance with Kings by Rosalind Laker. It is set at Versailles from the time of Louis XIV to Louis XVI, and concerns four generations of women in one family. Of course, their lives are dramatically affected by their proximity to royalty. Some of it was a bit improbable, but the history was interesting. This family started out as fan makers, which was different. Mostly, though, this was the sort of novel I would have loved in high school. The history was what kept me reading more than the plot. But I will say that the ending was quite a page turner!

I haven't made any more progress on the Everything Austen Challenge although at this point, the clock is ticking! I got together the materials for the JA sampler I want to stitch, and I still have two more chapters to go with Persuasion in French. I don't know if I'll finish by year's end, but the challenge has certainly been fun!

Now to go clear the cobwebs out of my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment