Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Finishes, Finishes




These are several projects that I worked on over the winter.


The shamrock was a Secret Needle Night kit from the Silver Needle in Tulsa. I purchased the kit at a needlework flea market held by the EGA Bergen County chapter several years ago. It is called "A Lucky Charm" and was designed by Linda Stolz for the February 1999 Secret Needle Night. I love the sparkly effect of the metallic threads and the little shamrock charm on the pot of gold. The shamrock fabric bordering it came from Jo-Anns, and when I saw it on the bolt, I just knew it would be right for this project.

I took the alphabet and border for Bienvenue from one of Valerie LeJeune's books of antique designs (Le Livre des Lettres d'ici et d'ailleurs, tome 2). It was stitched on 14ct black aida in DMC 111 and Splendor silk. The toile fabric was a remnant I bought at Walmart. It's not the greatest quality, but it was just the thing for this project.

The Giro d'Italia pillow was for DH, who loves bike racing. He had bought a Giro t-shirt online, but didn't want to wear it. Instead, he asked me to make it into a pillow for him, and it now sits on our livingroom sofa.

No comments:

Post a Comment