Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

California Souvenir Sampler

This was something I did a while ago to display souvenir pins from several visits to California, mostly in the 1990's. The choice of the sea lion was inspired by the sea lions I saw at Pier 39 in San Francisco. The chart was a freebie from Kind Stitchworks. (There doesn't seem to be a website for them anymore, so perhaps they went out of business.  If so, that's a shame, because I liked their line of travel related designs.)  If I were to do this again, I would stitch "California" on the top left hand, and stitch the sea lion on the bottom right.  Also, I don't think that I'd use black, or else I'd choose a lighter shade of fabric.  But even so, I enjoy seeing my pins and remembering those visits.

San Francisco, circa 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment