Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Finito Bonito!

Taz - copyright Leisure Arts
Fat Bat Cat - copyright Cathy Jean and The Victoria Sampler
I managed to finished two of the smaller projects from my UFO Wall of Shame!  Even though there are still quite a few UFO's left, I feel like I've accomplished something.

In between finishing these two, I took a detour from the Off the Shelf Challenge to read The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins.  DH bought them after seeing the commercials for the movie, and my mother also read them.  Right now  I'm a little over halfway through the third novel.  These books are so good, I can't believe that they're labeled Young Adult.  The themes are very sophisticated and the books are better than many novels written for adults. Hunger, oppression, and reality shows - these are a few of the themes.  Katniss, Peeta, Prim, and all the others will stay with you for long after you've finished reading their stories.

Believe it or not, but we still haven't seen the movie yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment