Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Go Ravens!

"My Pretties - Nevermore" by Plum Street Samplers, copyright 2008
Happy to report that I actually have a finish this year!  My first finish of 2013 was yesterday, in time and totally appropriate for the Super Bowl.  I'm not a big football fan, but I was glad that the Ravens won!

Right now, I'm toying with the idea of picking out 5 UFOs and 5 new projects to work on this year.  I'm terrible at sticking to any sort of plan like this, so I'm just thinking about it, although I have the 5 new projects already picked out.  But there is a UFO calling for me to work on it, so maybe there'll be another finish soon.

I'm still reading Les Miserables.  It's taking a long time because I'm reading in both English and French.  The story is really good, but Hugo digresses sometimes, and these digressions make for difficult reading.  I wish there were an annotated edition, that would explain the history and who some of these people are who Hugo mentions in passing.  But the story itself is very engaging.  I'm just up to where Marius enters, almost halfway through.  We went to see the movie over Christmas vacation, and loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment