Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

20 Projects

Last week I decided to beat the heat by finishing a project.  Granted, it was a small project and there wasn't very much left to do on it, but I finished it and felt like I had accomplished something.

(NOTE:  By "finish," I mean that I did all the stitching on it.  It still has to be made into a little hanging for my front door.)

copyright 2002 Heart in Hand Needleart
While I was working on this, I thought, "Why not make a list of twenty projects and finish them by the end of this year?"  Well, why not?  I probably won't finish half of them, but I did draw up a list.  I could have started with the little "Welcome," but I felt like that was cheating somehow.  So I pulled out another small UFO, a Halloween design of a black cat standing over a pumpkin.  I'm almost done with that, so I'm now batting 2 for 2.

Then I thought, "Why not give myself some sort of incentive to get these 20 projects done?"  So I thought about stuff I'd like to have and places I'd like to go.  The obvious rewards involved trips to needlework stores, but I decided instead on something I've been putting off for a long time.  My reward, if I finish all 20 projects by December 31, 2013, will be a trip to the Cloisters to see the Unicorn Tapestries.

And in the meantime, I plan to blog about my progress every so often and post pictures.

Well, we'll see.



No comments:

Post a Comment